Vista Grande Active Adult Community
A Place In The Sun... For You!
Vista Grande is an active adult community built by The Foundation of IAAP as housing for administrative professionals 55 and older. Living at Vista Grande is determined by application with priority given to IAAP members, former IAAP members, and the general public, in that order.
Request More Information
For additional information or a residency application, contact Vista Grande:
Manager, Vista Grande Active Adult Community
4101 Meadowlark Lane SE
Rio Rancho, NM 87124
The History of Vista Grande
Vista Grande is The Foundation of IAAP's most longstanding project. Our "place in the sun" was envisioned in 1947 by Della Herring, who contributed the first dollar to a new retirement fund. In December 1970, groundbreaking ceremonies were held on what would become Vista Grande. Vista Grande now consists of a total of 168 units and continues to improve.
Amenities at Vista Grande
Vista Grande has all the features you would expect from a premier active adult community. The 168-unit community is committed to on-going improvements based on need of the residents.
- 24-hour emergency maintenance
- 8 floor plans to choose from
- Upgraded flooring and carpet
- Air conditioning and heating
- Kitchenette with electric range, refrigerator, disposal
- Bathroom with tub/shower
- Storage facilities
- Partial utilities paid
- Computers, copier, paper shredder, and internet access
- On-site laundry facilities
- The Mildred Barr Library with hundreds of books, videos, puzzles and games
- The Lillian C. Martino Activity Room
- Community activities including bingo, card games, line dancing, billiards, community groups and parties
- Fitness Center with a personal trainer 3 times per week
- Picturesque outdoor setting with gazebo and fountain